Apr 14, 1999
I have no appetite. Could be depression, could be these medications just make me not want to eat. I don't even think about eating. Should I drink ensure or those drinks? Do they really help? And which ones do you recommend.
Response from Dr. Fisher
Get to an HIV-experienced nutritionist as soon as possible! There are a number of things that can be done to enhance your appetite, alleviate medication side effects, and treat wasting. And certainly depression is common and treatable. Nutrition supplements such as ensure are valuable but especially as part of a comprehensive plan and program to deal with your specific problems. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Nausea and Exercise
Marijuana versus Marinol
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.