Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

JUVEN is all the rage in Houston
Jul 6, 1999

recently because of bad limp wasting(doctors here are now referring to that symtom as "lipoatophy" as opposed to the crix. belly "lipodsytrophy". my insurance HMO should be called "Insurance NO!". as they will not pay for the expensive Anadrol, oxandron or HGH that my doctor wants to put me on for my wasted arms, legs and face. he has directed me to buy on my own this JUVEN from the buyers club. seems everyone is trying it. changed me from Crix/combivir to 3tc, d4t plus hydrea to help d4t overcome possible resistance and viracept. also, i keep reading here about everyone getting lumps, my life long lipomas disappeared to almost being very small? now being off crix.and azt will i possibly "fill in" a little?

Response from Dr. Fisher

Yes you probably will show some improvement...but remember this syndrome (lipoatrophy or lipodystrophy with/without fat accumulation) can occur even in the absence of antiretroviral therapy so changing medications may not work.

What is JUVEN? Never heard of it.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Previous
Juven
Next
ARABINOXYLANE COMPOUND

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.