MUSCLE LOSS!!!

The question I have is about muscle loss. I feel like I have lost muscle in arms and legs because of anxiety over many things. The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I started eating right, but didn't do much exercise. I also haven't worked out with weights in at least two years. What can I do to regain muscle?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

The loss of muscle may have more to do with not eating well and lack of exercise, though mental stress may be the reason why you did not eat or exercise well. Regaining muscle can take some time, but here are some thoughts:

First, get an evaluation of your body composition to figure out what you may have lost and why. If you know how much of what kind of tissue you have lost (fat, muscle, water), you may be in a better position to reverse the process.

Second, eating well and exercising are important parts of maintaining and gaining muscle tissues. Have your diet and exercise program evaluated to see that it suits you to accomplish your goals.

And third, make sure that there aren't any other stumbling blocks to the rehabilitation of your muscle stores, such as hypogonadism, malabsorption, active/untreated opportunistic infection, and others. Clearing up those problems will clear the way to make diet and exercise work the best!

Where can I receive BIA training?
anthropometric courses