Bovine Colostrum

MY CD4 count is less than 100. People have recommended me to take bovine colostrum pills. Any studies on this? Any chances I could actually be beneficial? Anything on this?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Bovine colostrum has been tried in the past for cryptosporidiosis with mixed results. It has a lot of antibodies in it, that stay in the gut and do not get into your bloodstream. The best thing for crypto so far is raising the CD4 count. If your viral load is under control and you are taking PCP prophylaxis, there is little need for anything else. If you have diarrhea, that is another story and it would not be a terrible idea. There is no reason to think it would help your CD4 count. Save your money and stay healthy! DTD

Facial Wasting - Anything new or the best treatment
Should I Switch?