Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bovine Colostrum
Jul 23, 2001

MY CD4 count is less than 100. People have recommended me to take bovine colostrum pills. Any studies on this? Any chances I could actually be beneficial? Anything on this?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Bovine colostrum has been tried in the past for cryptosporidiosis with mixed results. It has a lot of antibodies in it, that stay in the gut and do not get into your bloodstream. The best thing for crypto so far is raising the CD4 count. If your viral load is under control and you are taking PCP prophylaxis, there is little need for anything else. If you have diarrhea, that is another story and it would not be a terrible idea. There is no reason to think it would help your CD4 count. Save your money and stay healthy! DTD

Previous
Facial Wasting - Anything new or the best treatment
Next
Should I Switch?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.