Jun 25, 2001
In reviewing previous posts of yours, it seems as if you are a proponent of PCR testing. Along those lines, do you consider qualitative DNA PCR testing to be a conclusive test to detecting HIV infection? If you were to test negative with this test 2 months after possible exposure does it indicate absence of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, that would be a reasonable conclusion. However. I would not say that any one test would be 100% accurate, so would always repeat it or the antibody test at some point in the future. Good luck! DTD
Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.