|neuropathy & alcoholism
Nov 29, 1999
hello, i am a 32 year old male, an active and unrepentant alcoholic, recently diagnosed with neuropathy. what are my chances of controlling this condition. how does alcohol play into these symtoms?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You did not mention if you are HIV+ as well. I will assume that you are. HIV is only one of several diseases that cause neuropathy, diabetes is the biggest, and alcohol is a close second. There are medications to help neuopathy and changing HIV meds to non D drugs will also help, as well as taking vitamins. You need a lot of help with that problem. Good Luck!
Viramune vs Viracept
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.