neuropathy & alcoholism

hello, i am a 32 year old male, an active and unrepentant alcoholic, recently diagnosed with neuropathy. what are my chances of controlling this condition. how does alcohol play into these symtoms?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You did not mention if you are HIV+ as well. I will assume that you are. HIV is only one of several diseases that cause neuropathy, diabetes is the biggest, and alcohol is a close second. There are medications to help neuopathy and changing HIV meds to non D drugs will also help, as well as taking vitamins. You need a lot of help with that problem. Good Luck!

Viramune vs Viracept
teaching