DOES TESTOSTERONE THERAPY LOSE IT'S EFFECT?

I have been on testosterone therapy (100mg/week)for about a year now and it dramatically improved my weight, ability to exercise, sense of well being/mood - in short it made me a new man again. But for several weeks now I have felt the effect seems to wearing off - and am now experiencing low energy/desire to exercise, loss of libido/erections, loss of body hair, great difficulty maintaining lean muscle tissue I had successfully regained in the last year. I have had a thorough blood workup, and everything seems to indicate I am still stable ( 100 CD4 cells, 400-1000 viral load, which I have maintained for several years now on HAART) and not fighting any infections. Does effect wear off after a while? Do people increase dosages and if so, up to what point is safe? Should I be going off and on cycle to try and get a boost again later? I have heard of people ocassionally adding deca-durabolin in addition to the testosterone - is that safe?

Response from Dr. Fisher

No clear or easy answers are available to your questions. Yes the effects may wear down. I don't think cycling is helpful. Deca- or oxandrolone can help you gain muscle mass (especially with concurrent exercise). Have your testosterone levels been checked? Are they improved? How is your mental attitude...is depression playing a role? Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Can Diarrhea/Weight Loss/Abdom.Pain be Presenting Symptoms?
10 Years Later