Testosterone Deficiency

After being on Testosteron injections of 200 mg. every 2 week for about 4 years now, my level has remained abnormaly low for 12 weeks. Last report it was 165 total test. My doctor also prescribes Testoderm tts patch to use after the first week as a back up. My body doesn't seem to absorbe the testoterone and I wonder what can be done to get my levels back to normal as well as my body's own production of testosterone to function. Any information I can present to my doctor would be much appreciated. Also, I have heard of a intramuscular injection of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) which might help boost my own natural testosterone production. Any information about this product would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Unfortunately, I have never seen HCG work in HIV patients. It does seem to help in the weight lifters who have used testosterone,but HIV is different. Some people just need more testosterone. I would increase your dose to weekly injections of 200 and if that doesn't work, then try 300 per week and check the trough level(before your next injection. Good Luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

PROTRUDING VEINS
Any studies on using steroids to fight Lipodystrophy