Plastic Surgery

Dear Docs:

I have experienced a great deal of facial wasting exhibited by flattened cheeks and significant indentation of the temple region. I recently went to my ENT physician who also specializes in facial reconstruction. We are considering implants to the temple areas using a substance he said consists of dead tissue/cells. He's going to do more exploring to check this out before we proceed. But my question to you guys is, am I risking a negative impact on my immune system by undergoing this type of surgery? I'm on a standard HAART regime and in fairly good health otherwise. I surely don't want to jeopardize this. Thanks for your consideration of this question.

Response from Dr. Fisher

I don't think there is much to worry about in having plastic surgery/implants done. BUT I really don't know specifics about this particular type of implant. Hopefully the ENT doctor will do his homework and get you some answers. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Undetectable and Wasting