Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The Excessive Urinator
Feb 14, 2000

Thank you for the help of suggesting my excessive urinating as a probable cause of sugar. My doctor also suggested it might be sugar and had me take a blood test to make sure. This was done Jan. 3, 2000 and the test came back negative. I had no signs of sugar Thank God. He suggested I see an Urologist to have my prostate checked out. I made an appointment to see a urologist. In the mean time what do I do? There is a lot of time lost waiting for these doctors to fix my problem. I might be jumping to conclusions but maybe this is the beginning to the end. I was wondering whether I can do something for myself? I am kind of scared. I felt almost the same way when I was told I had the HIV virus that causes AIDS. I didn't want to die then and I certainly do not want to die now. What can I do?

Response from Dr. Fisher

I doubt that excessive urination is either "the beginning of the end" or likely to be due to anything really serious.

So get it checked out. Go to the urologist; get a different one who will see you sooner. (BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE) Ask your primary doctor to run some other tests and to check your prostate him/her-self (rectal exam).

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Previous
serostin
Next
nandrolone decanoate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.