The Excessive Urinator

Thank you for the help of suggesting my excessive urinating as a probable cause of sugar. My doctor also suggested it might be sugar and had me take a blood test to make sure. This was done Jan. 3, 2000 and the test came back negative. I had no signs of sugar Thank God. He suggested I see an Urologist to have my prostate checked out. I made an appointment to see a urologist. In the mean time what do I do? There is a lot of time lost waiting for these doctors to fix my problem. I might be jumping to conclusions but maybe this is the beginning to the end. I was wondering whether I can do something for myself? I am kind of scared. I felt almost the same way when I was told I had the HIV virus that causes AIDS. I didn't want to die then and I certainly do not want to die now. What can I do?

Response from Dr. Fisher

I doubt that excessive urination is either "the beginning of the end" or likely to be due to anything really serious.

So get it checked out. Go to the urologist; get a different one who will see you sooner. (BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE) Ask your primary doctor to run some other tests and to check your prostate him/her-self (rectal exam).

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

serostin
nandrolone decanoate