|Is Testosterone therapy lifelong
Mar 1, 2000
Is it true that once you begin taking testosterone that after a few months your body will turn off production thereby making this therapy life long?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If you are taking it for HIV related hypogonadism, it is unlikely that the testes will come back. If you are healthy with normal levels of T, it will come back but it will take up to 6 months. Most HIV related loss of testosterone will not come back despite good HIV treatment. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
facial wasting: will fat return?
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Rash In Hand From Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.