facial wasting: will fat return?

I have facial wasting and have switched meds to try to stop it from continuing, if it will return how long do you think it would take? I'm considering cheek implants, surgeon says It would not come back, feels that this is only solution at this point, I have lost about 70% of mass in face, do you feel I should give new meds(nnrti's) more time to see if there is an improvement?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes, it takes time. However, the facial wasting may not be due to PI's but to nucleosides. If you are on D4T and DDI they may be the culprit not the PI's. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

weight gain due to quitting smoking
Is Testosterone therapy lifelong