d4T has done quite a job on me!

After 8 months on D4T, Rescriptor and 3TC my feet went numb and my legs and arms are thin (which would be great if the rest of me matched!)-- on the other hand my breasts have gone from a 34B to a 38DD and my waist has gained 9 inches. With summer coming I'm looking a little freaky at 114 lbs. (2 months ago I weighed 127). I've been positive for 2 years, undetectable since medication starting shortly after diagnosis (right after seroconversion), and have 612 t-cells.

I switched to AZT/3TC and viramune a months ago, but now have severe nausea (which actually started at the end of the last medication combination).

Is there any way to reverse the damage of 8 months on d4T? (Especially my breasts!)

Response from Dr. Fisher

The d4t may or may not have been the cause. Switching to the other regimen might help, but generally these changes in body shape/body fat do not reverse. Growth hormone may help...but it is expensive and seems to require continued long-term use to maintain improvement. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Thanks for Your Advice and Help
Diet and Body size