Lipo and thanks to you for your research

Doctors, for quite awhile I've been trying to find information about Lipodostrophy, and always hit a dead end. Tonight I came across you, and I just wanted to thank you for all the work and caring you have put into HIV'ers. I am so grateful to having you on our side. Please keep up the research on this topic. You can't begin to imagine the mental stress we go under with this Lipo, just taking over our bodies without having any controls. Please keep us posted with any new data. Thank yous and God Bless you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

It sounds like you have been searching online for information. Right now there is quite a bit of information (mostly questions) and discussion about the causes and treatments for lipodystrophy changes (body shape changes and lab value changes). Try using a search engine to look for some reviews on these topics that health professionals use, such as Medline, Medscape, and others.

Also look for conference updates. There was a recent conference on lipodystrophy held in Cannes, France (April 2001) and another will be held in Athens, Greece in October and updates are usually posted shortly after the meetings are held. If you have questions about what you find, let us know and we will try to help from there.

Best wishes!

Nutritient malabsorbtion, altered metabolism, and inadequate food intake with Aid's patients
HIV + Diet