Facial wasting -- reply

Thanks for your response. As I understand it the Fascian is taken from cadavers(from the facai latte muscle). (Please forgive my spelling). It is an injection. I have now seen a couple of advertisements in "Frontiers" -- an LA based gay magazine, for plastic surgeons that are doing this. I have the feeling that it is more expensive than collagen -- but that it is supposed to last longer. If I learn more, I will pass it along.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Facial Wasting,

I have recently heard from some colleagues at Mt. Sinai, that they are having great success with collagen injections. These are trustworthy, respected dermatologists and I believe them. So I would consider collagen as well, although ideally it is best to try and avoid this problem by avoiding lipoatrophy and mitochondrial toxicity. Thanks for your input. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Serostim
Wasting