Serostim

Dr., what are the prescribing guidelines for the drug Serostim? I have read that it should be twelve-week cycles with a reevaluation after that. Also have you heard anything regarding Serostim being prescribed for wasting patients and sold on the street?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Typically the drug is used at a dose of 5-6 mg per day for 12 weeks. However, lower doses may also be effective, particularly for lipodystrophy. I have heard some talk that the weight lifters have also been using growth hormone, so that would confirm what you have heard. It is not as effective in building pure muscle as anabolics and testosterone, but definitely helps. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

What dose of coenzyme Q, riboflavin,L carnitine?
Facial wasting -- reply