Apr 17, 2000
hello Doctor, I am sorry for stupid question but I think I am terribly wasting,my possible exposure to HIV was 3 month ago. I was wondering whether it's connected with HIV or not, should I get tested? The reason i am asking is that I heard that wasting occurs late in the disease, so I am curious can wasting occur literally after 3 months of infection?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There can be some weight loss during the acute HIV infection, so it is possible that you might have some symptoms. I would not call it wasting though. The most important thing is to get tested for HIV, because if it is HIV, then the sooner you get treatment, the better the outcome will be!. Go get tested! Good luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Treatment questions for wasting syndrome
Serostim & somatropin
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.