My extremely successful answer to facial wasting

I feel great empathy for all those who have facial wasting. Mine was one of the worse cases. Although I am 47, I looked over 60 with deep lines, sunken areas around my eyes, and so on...

A year ago last January it all began to change and now 15 months later, I not only look normal but a few years younger than my age as well. AND ITS PERMANENT (although, I continue treatment since it's effective in making me look younger - which is nice that I have the opportunity to think about THAT!)

On the down side, it has taken me 15 months to achieve these results and so far it has cost (over the months) a total of $6,500 so far.

What it is --- is (rather than collagen or these other temporary treatments which, in the long run, I figured would really cost more) --- a treatment offered by a respected dermatologist. Every 4 to 6 weeks in a 30 minute session, I receive 150 micro-droplet injections of silicone in the affected areas. Somewhat stinging but numbing applications are applied. Not only does the silicone fill the areas permanently, but so does the resulting natural collagen that forms around it within 3 months (which is "scar tissue" and accounts for more that 50% of the fill) -- this too is permanent.

Although I'm very happy with the results, my question is: Is there a chance that upon switching medications that my natural fat will return? This might be a problem if it does, but I am told there is a remedy for that too.

Thanks, and I hope this info can help others to deal with the problem.

Response from Dr. Fisher

There is definitely a possibility that some of the fat depletion will reverse if you change therapies (which therapies are you on?) But congratulations on your success. We need to hear from more people who have had success (or even lack of success) with treating this miserable complication.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Ginkgo Biloba and D4T, 3TZ, and Sustiva interactions?
Lipodystrophy or HIV