CHINESE HERB INTERACTION?

My present and very successful consists of Videx, Zerit and Sustiva along with neurontin, Oxandrin, Calcium, Magnesium and a multivitamin/mineral. My acupuncturist has additionally provided me with a combo of Astragalus+Ganoderma for sustained energy. NOW, my doc has concern about the Ganoderma. We've been playing phone tag back and forth and I would like to get some possible reasons for his concern before we actually connect. Can you enlighten me, please? Thank you! Billy D.

Response from Dr. Fisher

I do not have any specific information about this product. Remember that drug/drug interactions can be unpredictable especially when we know so little about the pharmacology of these herbal products. It is this uncertainty that is probably causing your doctor's concern. Do you have access to a clinical pharmacist who can help you with this?

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

bout to use something new for fascial wasting
nutrition interventions