Trousers no longer fit.

I seem to have lost around at least half a stone in the last few months. Believe it or not I didn't really notice until people started mentioning it to me. My waste seems to have lost a lot and I can tell this by my trousers. Also my shoes don't seem to fit as well. Are the waste and feet classic HIV wasting areas?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Trousers,

Classically, men will lose weight around the waistline and women around the hips. That has not been the pattern in HIV however. In the past men would notice muscle loss in the shoulders and buttocks. The new syndromes are of fat wasting in the extremities and fat accumulation inside the abdomen. Your pattern is unusual. See your MD about it. Good luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Facial wasting
Diet/Nutrition for HIV and HepC persons??