Painful Stomach Cramps during exercise

I have recently started to exercise at my doctors request. When I do sit-ups I have horrible stomach cramps to the point it feels like a charlie horse. I am HIV positive 5 years virus is undetectable, cd4 count 550,liver test are normal. Meds - Combivir, Ziagen, Sustiva, Dapsone, and Prilosec. When I was 1st diagnosed I was admitted to the hospital with PCP and a cd4 count of 24. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Cramps,

Sounds like you should be avoiding sit-ups if that is the only thing that does it. Usually people have cramps when they over exercise or run on a full stomach. Make sure you don't eat within 2 hours of exercising and make sure you drink water before you exercise as well as during. If that doesn't work try another exercise! DTD

Liver
bout to use something new for facial wasting