The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Low testosterone levels????
Jun 4, 2000

How can I tell if I have low testosterone levels? Should I notice any symptoms and if so what are they? What kind of specialist deals in this area of medicine?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The classic symptoms of hypogonadism in men are weight loss, mostly muscle, depression, lack of energy and lack of libido. These can be confused with depression so it is important to check the actual levels in your blood. Your internist can check, the specialists that deal with this are usually endocrinologists and urologists. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Low-carb diet & pill-popping?
Another Metabolife question...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint