testosterone and its benefits for HIV Positive People

I am seeking information around testosterone treatment and HIV. I am a HIV positive person and I live in Australia the reason for my question is. Both myself and my partner are HIV+ he has no T-cells and a viral Load that is unreadable not undetectable he has been on testosterone injections for the past 2 years plus and gets no infections at all cold, flu anything. He was put on the injections as his levels of testosterone were low. Myself on the other hand have a T-cell level of just over 300 a viral load around 6,000 and I am prone to any bug that is going around I will get this constantly have muscular skeletal problems. He has more energy levels than myself goes to the gym 4 nights a week I try to go to the gym but am prone to all of the above this is starting to frustrate me. My question is would I benefit from being on these injections even though my testosterone levels are at the low end of normal. please excuse the spelling. your opinion would be greatly appreciated. John

Response from Dr. Fisher

Yes you might benefit from testosterone if your levels are low-normal, but do not expect to turn into your partner. Everybody is different with respect to how they respond to HIV as well as how they respond to testosterone. I doubt his testosterone has any effect on preventing colds, flu, etc. Many HIV-negative people have tremendous problems with minor infections, like colds and flu, while many HIV-positives have no problems with these. So who knows why?

But meanwhile low-normal testosterone levels are a reasonable indication for a trial of testosterone replacement.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Lipomas?
Nandrolone/Testosterone injections