How much is too much?

Drs: I am a 49yr.old male diagnosed with full-blown AIDS in 1994. I have been up and down health wise. My VL is 85,500 and has never been undetectable. My CD4 count is 160. I have resistance to most of the drugs and have tried all on the market.

I have been feeling good lately other than fatigue when I get up and low sex drive. I had a BIA done that was normal. I started exercising with elastic resistance bands for an hour and thirty minutes six days a week. I have become obsessed. Is this to much? Can I do it five times a week and rest on the weekend? I am going to have my testosterone levels done. The muscle tissue doesn't seem to be coming. Thank you for the great information you give.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear How much.

It is really difficult to overexercise, although it can be done. I would drop back to 5 days per week if I were you. The lack of muscle response, the low libido and energy could be symptoms of hypogonadism. Your idea is correct, you should have your testosterone checked. Good luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Hypogonadism
I need some help here