Hypogonadism

Dear Doctors,

How can I know when I have symptoms of hypogonadism or not ?

Sincerely,

Tim

Dear Posted,

I agree with Mark that if indeed you have not taken any anabolics even oral ones at the gym, then that testosterone is a little low. However, you do not mention whether or not you have symptoms of hypogonadism, and that would help me decide whether to treat you or not. You have a very thorough endocrinologist! DTD

Response from Dr. Dieterich

They differ in men and women. I will guess that you are a man. The typical manifestations of low testosterone are decreased energy, libido, depression, decreased body hair and change in the shape of your muscles, the biggest ones being the buttocks and the shoulders, they will get smaller. Testosterone replacement works well for this. The best test is a blood testosterone level.

Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Weight loss from drug regime or parasites
How much is too much?