Weight loss from drug regime or parasites

I've been on drug regime for over a year. I'm on Epivir and Zerit, and just recently I had a parasite test and the test came back Blastosis. So what I'm wondering is the muscle mass depletion in buttocks, legs, and arms do more to the drug therapy or could it be from the other trouble. I have started oxandrin and megastrol for about 3 weeks but I see no difference it weight gain but a bit of a blouted stomach. I also completed 10 days of a flagil type antibiotic. I also remain undetectable. Any ideas? Thank you, Jeffery

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Jeffery,

Blastocystis sometimes causes symptoms, but the flagyl-like medicine should have treated it. Your body shape change is more likely to be from the zerit. Ask your MD to check your lactate level and your testosterone level. The megace can also cause bloating. You might need testosterone and oxandrin, not megace. Good luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Lipodystrophy?? Please Help
Hypogonadism