Equivalent Dosing of AndroGel vs. Injectible Testosterone

Is there any official calculation for determining eqivalent dosing of AndroGel vs. Injectible Testosterone? I had been taking 125 mg. testosterone cypionate IM injection/once a week with good results, but recently tried switching to AndroGel for the convenience. I have asked my doctor what her newly prescribed 5 gram/day AndroGel is delivering compared to what I was getting before from the shots, but get vague answers. As best I can tell from reading the AndroGel product insert, the 5 gram AndroGel is giving me 35 mg. per week vs. the 125 mg I used to get from shots? Is this still comparable given the different delivery methods?

Response from Dr. Fisher

Actually I am not sure. But you could go ahead and try androgel and then have blood levels measured. Indeed you might want to have blood levels of free testosterone measured while still getting the shots (especially a "trough" level, at the end of the dosing period). And then switch to the gel and measure free testosterone a few hours after application (a "peak" level) and a trough level at 24 hours. This will give you some guideline for assessing whether the dose is appropriate. AF

Nause, Fatigue and Bloatedness together
HIV/AIDS