antioxidents and viral load

poz 14 yrs,never sick been on lots of the meds except protease inhibitors, saving those for later. my question is,I am taking recommended doses of alpha lipoic acid, nac, etc, as well as low dose aspirin (because of the anti-tumor necrosis factor ability) at one point bout 11 yrs ago my doc said there was some evidence that the viral my feed on some of these things...is that just old information, it is still okay to take supplements I hope. I am in great health, so must not be hurting me.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

While there is much to argue about the benefit or effect of alpha-lipoic acid and n-acetyl cysteine, you may want to think twice about the low-dose aspirin therapy. Aspirin therapy is not likely to be recommended in HIV disease because of the potential to block an appropriate immune response. Some researchers are hesitant to discuss the use of low-dose aspirin even in cases of heart disease in smokers. Be careful! You don't always feel what "hurts" your body.

cervical dysplasia
medicaid/ADAP supplement coverage