|Taking too much zinc
May 14, 2001
I heard that HIV-positive people should NOT take too much zinc. I forgot why. Do you know?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
Probably the reason you have heard cautions on taking too much zinc is because of the epidemiological observations that a group of HIV-positive people who took more zinc progressed more quickly to AIDS. The concern is that excessive zinc can impair immune function. In excess, zinc intake may lead to a copper deficiency and increase cholesterol. Apparently, more is not always better!
Can nutrition save me?
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Does Vaginal Discharge Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Runny Nose An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.