Fat abdomen - truncal obesity

Hi. I have been HIV+ for 5 years. Was on HAART for 3 years. During that time, I gained a lot of fat in my abdomen. I have been off HAART for 2 years and my Tcell count is 500+, but the fat in my abdomen remains, despite a vigorous diet and exercise regimen. Now my buttocks are starting to "waste" or lose fat. I am considering liposuction and a tummy tuck for my fat abdomen. My question is this -will the fat return to my abdomen after the surgery? Do you know of any other HIV+ men who have had fat removed from their abdomen....does the fat return? Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I have heard of buffalo hump surgery and with mixed results. Sometimes the fat returns and sometimes it doesn't. Have you checked your testosterone? Testosterone and anaboloics like deca or oxandrin may help body shape changes. Would suggest that before surgery. DTD

Bleeding from the anus.
HIV Related Myopathy - loss of bowel control