Apr 3, 2001
I like most HIV positive people are taking the protease inhibitor drugs. Is protease an enzyme? I ask this because I also drink wheatgrass juice on a daily basis and one of the enzymes it claims to boost is protease. What is the connection here?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
The job of protease inhibitors is to "inhibit" specific HIV protease enzymes. So, yes, proteases are enzymes, but protease inhibitors are not. There are enzymes inside and "outside" (in the gastrointestinal tract) the body. The type wheat grass claims to boost is not connected to the type that protease inhibitors are designed to target.
Loss of appetite
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.