Protease inhibitors

I like most HIV positive people are taking the protease inhibitor drugs. Is protease an enzyme? I ask this because I also drink wheatgrass juice on a daily basis and one of the enzymes it claims to boost is protease. What is the connection here?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

The job of protease inhibitors is to "inhibit" specific HIV protease enzymes. So, yes, proteases are enzymes, but protease inhibitors are not. There are enzymes inside and "outside" (in the gastrointestinal tract) the body. The type wheat grass claims to boost is not connected to the type that protease inhibitors are designed to target.

Osteonecrosis
Loss of appetite