|can you tell me what protease is in a multivitamin
Mar 23, 2002
i recently bought a new multivitamin that lists protease as an ingredient. Im not currently on any meds, but am positive...is this the same protease that hiv needs to replicate itself...should i not be taking this? please clarify for me, thanks....bh new york
Response from Dr. Fisher
The HIV protease inhibitors are specific for HIV only and cannot be in any multivitamin. The term protease refers to enzymes that cleave protein molecules. What specific protease enzyme in the multivitamin in anyone's guess! Doubt that there is any problem in taking this. AF
does the mirror lie?
Round Two - New-Fill (an update)
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
- Difference Between White Coating And Thrush
- Gave Oral And Got A Mouth Ulcer Two Days Later
- Hiv Testing After 3 Month Window Period
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.