Vitamin E toxicity?

Dear Dr.Dieterich, In one of your recent responses you stated that the only vitamin with significant toxicity is Vitamin E. However, the only fat-soluble vitamin with considerable toxicity described in the medical literature is vitamin A.

I would apprciate if you could clarify the above for me, and maybe even share some literature sources with me.

Thank you very much inadvance. C.Kelley, MS, RD, CHE

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If I did say that I misspoke. All the fat soluble vitamins, A, D, E, and K can cause liver toxicity. In fact I have seen a serious case of vitamin A toxicity just recently. Generally staying within the minimal daily requirements should be safe even for people with liver disease. DTD

How to manage facial wasting?
Testosterone replacement - DD