Losing weight

I have gain about 20 lbs since I have been taking medication for HIV. Can I take diuretic, such as Metabolife while taking the medication? I try to watch what I eat, and I work at a computer all day. I don't get very much exercise at all. I am going to start walking as soon as the weather warms up. My husband would like to join a gym, but I was not sure if that was a good thing for us.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no magic answer to weight loss. However, exercise should be the number one priority on your list. No matter what the weather walking is a good idea. The gym works fine as well. I would recommend you and your husband start exercising immediately. It is a lot safer than any diet medication. Get going! DTD

SWITCHING MEDICINES
Am I taking too much?