Strenuous Exercise

I have been hearing rumors that strenuous and rigorous exercise has drastic effects on your immune system. Is this true? Why is it so bad for your health? Does strenuous exercise kill white blood cells? Is that why top notch athletes are susceptible to upper respiratory infections?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I think it depends on how strenuous the exercise is. Multiple marathons may not be good, but regular moderate exercise will help. Any overwhelming stress is not going to be good for your immune system, so everything in moderation! DTD

Facts on Serostin and Nutritional Supplements
facial wasting and exercise