What can I do to put on weight and treat lipodistrophy

I keep reading about this and that product that are being used to treat lipo, but I am not sure which one is the adequate; there are so many ... If you were to suggest to an individual who is about to start taking protease inhibitors and was relatively thin (not much)a line of action, which one would it be?. Do you think that if I start: Dieting: taking high protein-carb.hidr./low fat foods, and plenty of them. Protein drinks with vitamins/minerals in them. Walking an hour a day. would it be enough? What of the products that are being mentioned can I take on top of what I just said to help, and in what dosage? (female-35-1,73 m./59 kg. Please help me, I would like to do everything I can to keep a decent appearence. Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Concerned, It seems like you have a good idea about what to do. There is no real prophylaxis and it is probably not the protease inhibitors by themselves. Have a good attitude and stay on top of you body image and then discuss changing your meds with your MD if you notice any changes. DTD

L-Glutamine and diarrhea
vitamin supplements