L-Glutamine and diarrhea

In response to the gentleman who suggested L-Glut as a supplement to help control diarrhea, I'd like to suggest a far less expensive and, for me, very effective alternative. Fibercom is an over-the-counter fiber supplement that is generally used for people wanting to add fiber to their diet. I had very uncomfortable side effects from anti-diarrheatics like Immodium but none whatsoever w/ Fibercom. It was cheap and it worked. Also, how can I reach the woman named "Dawn" who was interested in sharing her ideas on Mind-Body-Spirit? I recently read "Healing and the Mind" (I suggest it for everyone living w/ HIV) and am very interested in the connection. Thanks for listening and for providing so much useful information.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Diarrhea, Thanks for the good point. Fiber is often helpful in the treatment of diarrhea, it can be in almost any form, either caplets, powder, or tablets. Whatever form works for you is the one you should use. I often recommend fiber and a lactose free diet! Good luck! DTD

Steroids
What can I do to put on weight and treat lipodistrophy