Testosterone ?

Dr. Happy Holidays, Can stress, anxiety or insomnia cause your testosterone to drop significantly? I don't know what is was before, but I'm 41yrs old and my Dr. measured it to be 198. My Dr. didn't say much about it last time I was in his office for an antibody test (which by the way turned up negative @ 9 1/2 weeks) -- my libido has died since a possible exposure almost 11 weeks ago. I have been under stress and "think" i've experienced AVS -- either way (+ or -) can stress and anxiety/insomnia cause it, or is it a result of is it only a result of seroconversion?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Certainly stress can lower levels of testosterone, if it does stay that low than you should speak to your MD about supplementing it. We are just learning about testosterone levels in men as they age and they generally decline slowly beginning at age 21. Good luck! DTD

HIV, kidney disease and nutrition
Waht treatments are available to boost immune response