Too Early To Treat Wasting

I have recently been diagnosed HIV+. The best estimate is that I sero-converted approximately two years ago. I am presently not undergoing anti-retroviral therapy. CD4 levels are 1300. VL is 7000. My weight has however diminished to a point where the physician has expressed a level of concern. Total Testosterone levels are 380 (200 - 1000 scale). Is it reasonable to begin treating with testosterone for wasting? Is is possible that being newly diagnosed HIV, and with relatively good "numbers" that the HIV is already neagtively impacting me? I thought these changes would occur very much later in my life. Thank you for your time and kind consideration of my request(s). Mark

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You don't say how old you are, but that may be low level of testosterone. HIV has a particular propensity to kill testicular cells and testosterone replacement may help youl.If you are 40 for example, then that level of testosterone may be too low for you! DTD

Is Zerit the Main Culprit?
Too Muscular?