Silicone for facial wasting

I am HIV+ and had facial wasting from being on meds. I just wanted to let you know that I have received a series of silicone shots to augment the face and it really works. This procedure was done by a certified plastic surgeon in New York City who equated my feelings regarding this hollowed look to the level of "birth defect", I was elated that he saw the severity that I saw as well. I had first gone to Dr. X in NYC who basically looked at me and said there was nothing wrong and that I should be lucky to be alive and sent me on my merry way. There are doctors out there who are willing to help you, you just have to find the one who is willing to work with you. The shots are very painful, I would take valium and vicodin before each procedure. I am very happy with the results and it looks and feels natural. I recommend the procedure to all of those who are experiencing facial wasting and want to address it. I feel so much better about myself and when you find the doctor that works with you, it is a win, win situation. This needs to be publicized more, many of us do not know what we can do about facial wasting and my own HIV doc wanted to send me to Switzerland to get poly acrylic polymer. I did my homework and found an excellent plastic surgeon on the Upper East Side. When I told my HIV doc who I was going to regarding the facial wasting, he sent six patients to him. He was very pleased with the selection I made in this doctor and he thought the results were striking. This is a matter that really needs to be talked about. I have seen some guys who like Nazi camp survivors and my heart goes out to them. It is a silent pain one goes through when you know that people are noticing how hollowed out you look. Please know that there is hope and there are doctors willing to work and help you. Thank you for letting me share. David, NYC

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Thnaks for sharing that with us. It is an inspiring story. DTD

Carnitor, Coconuts, and GH
New-Fill -- First Appt.