Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

about that newfill/silicone person
Feb 24, 2002

Dr Fisher,

I felt i had to say someting in hopes it will get back to your person asking the new-fill/silicon question. You are very right,it takes usually more than 4 treatments for it to become noticable. The same happened to me,and i thought it was doing no good,till i hit about the fifth and sixth treatment. One of the reasons is,it grows very slowly,the first few days is only swelling and bruiseing,the real effects are not shown till more than a month later,our bodies cannot make collegan that fast. These things take time,i had about 7 sessions and am very very happy,i dont look ill,or scary anymore. This is one of the most common problems,we want it to work right away. thanks robbie austin feel free to share my activist screen name"fillmyfaceup@aol.com" on this people will get a little info on me trying to raise some attention in the media on our plights/and the fight we must join to raise our voices to the f.d.a.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for your contribution. The bottom line is that people going for newfill need to be patient as the results are not immediate. AF

Previous
need qualified plastic surgeon in Argentina for treating facial wasting
Next
regaining lost fat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.