weight issues

i am 21 years old large and hating it. i am at 309lbs. the most i have ever weighed in my life and it kills me. i have tried the dieting and the exercise and i am a very active person and yet i just can not seem to lose the weight can you tell me what else may be wrong with me?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

There are many things that can contribute to being overweight. And, that is our starting point. There are several questions to ask and this can be done with the help of your physician and dietitian. A careful evaluation of diet, exercise, and medical conditions is important to make sure that you are successful in reaching a healthy goal for your weight. Your doctor and dietitian can recommend an appropriate weight range based on your height, frame size, body composition (muscle is heavier and denser than fat), family history, medical conditions and other information.

Weight loss is a serious undertaking when you are HIV-infected and it is worthwhile making sure that you use methods that don't hurt your health and shoot for a range that supports optimal health. The fact that you are an active person will help you to better keep your muscle tissues while heading toward your goal.

Bottom line: head back to your doctor and dietitian and have a discussion to rule out any medical factors that can complicate reaching your goal of a healthier weight.

Lactic Acid produced from Lactose?
Facial Wasting/Does Everone Get This at Some Point?