Lactic Acid produced from Lactose?

Last year I had to stop my meds for several months due to Lactic Acidosis. It was most likely caused by the ddI & Hydroxyurea which were since dropped from my regimen when I restarted HAART.

I am now hesitant to start taking a whey protein supplement because I have a fear that there may be some relationship between the lactate contained in milk products and the lactate levels in the blood. Are there simply two different definitions for the words "lactate", "lactic", and "lactose" or is there actually some relationship? Is it possible that drinking milk proteins can contribute to hyperlactatemia and/or lactic acidosis?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. However lactose is a sugar found in milk and no relationship to lactic acid or serum lactate. The only thing that lactose might do is give you diarrhea.! It should not be a problem as long as you are not lactose intolerant. Good luck! DTD

Requesting info about Oxandrin
weight issues