FInding a suitable nutritionist

I am HIV+ for just over a year. I feel like a eat better then average, take a multivitamin (Theragram or Centrum), 400IE of vitamin E, 1000MG of Vitamin C, Powdered Creatin which contains 1-3grams of L-Glutamine, and a MetRx Protein Drink which contains high levels of protein, some beta carotene, some glutamine. I also exercise in the gym or tennis about 5 times a week. From what I have been reading, I could probably do more (garlic, more glutamine, selenium, etc). Whats the best way to go about finding a good nutritionist that is very knowledgeable about HIV? Should I go through my insurance (Cigna)? Should I randomly go through the yellow pages and call them? My Primary Care Physician suggested someone, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? I live in Hollywood, California.

Thanks!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

To find a nutritionist who is knowledgeable about HIV, contact the American Dietetic Association. I believe they have a list. The other resource is the Cutting Edge in Chicago, they also know people all over the country. The net should be able to help you. It is wise to seek nutritional guidance! Good luck! DTD

Trying to BULK UP
Bloated stomach