Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Silicone injections-Over two years and looking great.
Jan 7, 2002

I've seen so many posts about newfill on this site but none about silicone. Wanted to tell you about my experience. Two of my buddies and I had silicone injections from a dermatologist in NYC at the same time about two years ago and all of us regained our former appearance. No more sunken cheeks and hollow spaces and it still looks great. I actually look better than I did before lipodystrophy made me appear actually frightening and affected everything I did. I got very depressed. Others see us and can't believe the changes. It takes a while because you have to wait a month between injections because the microdroplets of silicone stimulate the growth of your own collagen as well and this takes time but you gradually look better and can see the diffferences in how your cheeks are filling in and you are starting to look normal again. There is no way that I can express how I feel other than to say that my doctor gave me my life back again.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Great news. But these results may not occur in others. Among the variables include the degree of wasting and the degree of experience of the doctor. AF

Previous
wasting
Next
Anabolics and lipodistrophy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.