Nutropin Depot treatment for wasting

My doctor recently prescribed me Nutropin Depot for wasting. I take 22.5 mg of Nutropin once a month. (In case you need to know, for my HIV I take Invirase, Norvir and Combivir. The virus has been undetectable for 3 years and t counts are at 660.) The only problem I've been encountering is the wasting. I am 5'9" tall and am now down to about 125 pounds. Because my lipid levels are elevated, my doctor says I cannot be put on any strong steroids. I have two questions for you: Have you heard of others in this situation relying solely on Nutropin Depot to help with the wasting? Were they successful? And also, would it hurt to try a low-dose of oxandrine along with the Nutropin Depot? I also have renal insufficiency with a creatinine level at about 2.0. Thank you for your help!! (P.S. - Money is NOT an issue in my treatment, so please don't factor in costs to your recommendation. Thanks...)

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I do not know what Nutropin Depot is. However I do not see any reason why you could not start oxandrin or other anabolics, even with mildly elevated lipds and creatinine. Good luck! DTD

Gastroparesis
New-Fill Limitations