Steriods and Lipo

Before lipo I was a small guy. Now, I am pretty skinny. I tried working out commitedly for nearly 6 months and not much if any gain. Would it be safe for me to do steriods for a period of time to gain some mass? If so, how much gain could I expect and how long is deemed safe? Finally, which steriod gives the best results with the least amount of side effects? Thank you for being here for us!!

D in Seattle

Response from Dr. Fisher

Sure anabolic steroids have been shown to increase muscle mass (especially when combined with a regimen of resistance exercise) in the setting of HIV related weight loss. But there is no evidence that anabolic steroids will reverse the fat loss of lipodystrophy. Oxandrolone, nandrolone and oxymetholone have been used extensively in HIV-associqated weight loss. All seem quite safe (but need monitoring). Nandrolone is by injection alone. More data overall (HIV and other settings) is available with oxandrin. The most weight gain reported has been in the study done in San Francisco a few years ago that showed almost 1 kg muscle mass gained per week in an 8 week study of oxandrolone with thrice weekly resistance exercise. Good luck. AF

swolen left testical
Ziagen and Lipo