|Sustiva and drug testing
Dec 23, 2001
Dr. Cohen, In a recent Q and A you indicated that Sustiva would give a false positive in a test for illegal drugs (marijuana)but if a more specific test were performed, it would show as positive. In terms of a more specific tests, what kind of test or screening do I ask for? Jack
| Response from Dr. Cohen
I don't recall the brand of testing - but if this is a concern, you can either speak with a lab director or someone who is ordering tests since this is part of the knowledge that is in the Sustiva information that is enclosed with every bottle that a pharmacist can dispense -called the package insert. Check out one of those or click on the BMS icon on the first page of the Body home page and you should be able to get the details...
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.