Dr. Young

Dr. Young: Greetings. Do you think that HIV meds will prolong life for 20 years if taken as instructed, well tolerated and the individual has no other medical conditions. Thanks for the service you provide, as it is a great comfort to me.

Thank you for your comments.

It's always difficult to predict the future, especially on websites, but I agree with you that if medications are taken with great adherence and the luck of good tolerance, that one can expect survival with HIV in the range of decades. This statement assumes alot (both positively and negatively), but it is my most sincere hope and expectation that many of my patients will live a near normal life expectancy. /BY

Re: Adding Ziagen
Dr. Young, a question of STI's